Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Northern Region (Manchester, Leeds, Hull, Durham)
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 + Car and Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor for a leading manufacturer of building materials. This position will play an important role in promoting a positive Health and Safety culture with some travel to 6 sites within the Northern Region as listed above.
The Health and Safety Advisor will be part of the fabric of this organisation and this role will join the existing team whilst playing a key part in the continued success of the company.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Maintaining policies and procedures and ensuring sites are compliant
- Providing support and advice to operations teams and conducting regular meetings to review safety action plans
- Auditing Safety, Health and Environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Liaising with company engineers, managers and contractors regarding the Health and Safety requirements of the plants and equipment
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally within a heavy industrial, manufacturing or related industry
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent and membership of IOSH
- ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 internal auditor experience ideal
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging colleagues at all levels
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional and forward-thinking organisation and develop your career further. The role includes travel, so a valid UK driving license is required. If the role is of interest, please contact Emily Flynn on or 01923 433 289.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.