Health and Safety Advisor
Sunderland | £55,000 + Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton has been engaged by a specialist construction company focused in high-tech M&E and fitout to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. The company are very well known in this space and have an excellent track record of health, safety and environment performance. The Health and Safety Advisor is critical to ensure this is not only maintained but continually improved and developed.
This role is initially predominantly focused on a major high-tech construction project in Sunderland.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Assisting, advising and coaching contractors to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health, safety and environment strategy
- Conducting major incident investigations to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Auditing site and reporting on health, safety and environment performance, conducting training where required
- Constantly assessing and amending the health, safety and environment strategy assessing opportunities for health and safety improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within construction or a related industry
- Experience operating at site influencing, coaching and engaging key stakeholders
- A NEBOSH certificate (or equivalent)
- Ideally working knowledge of behavioural safety programmes
This Health, Safety and Environment Advisor position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Elizabeth Ferguson at or 01923 433 215.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.