Health and Safety Advisor | Stockley Park | Circa £45,000 plus benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a major construction and building services specialist to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. Working predominantly across the retail and commercial sectors, this organisation is a leading provider in its field with an annual turnover of circa £140m. This role will primarily focus on health and safety across the fit out and M&E works on a large data centre build in West London.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
Engaging with managers and engineers ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering Health and Safety related enquiries
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance, and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance
- Promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the site
The successful Health and Safety Advisor candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within building services, construction, mechanical and electrical engineering, or a related site-based industry
- A NEBOSH certificate or equivalent, with the relevant IOSH membership
- Technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
- Excellent communications skills, ideally with experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
Experience with datacentres would be ideal however is not essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Elizabeth Ferguson on 01923 433 215 / or our website https://www.irwinandcolton.com.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.