Health and Safety Advisor
Solihull/Birmingham (office-based role 4/5 days per week)
£35,000 - £37,500 + Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by one of the world's leading consultancies to bring onboard a new Health and Safety Advisor (in-house). This role will specifically be working within the main offices across the Midlands to advise on health and safety for the staff, visitors, contractors, and the building facilities.
This is a regional role, with other health and safety team members overseeing the organisation's offices in the North and South. The role reports to the Business Services Partner.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Maintaining ISO-45001, 14001, and 9001
- Engaging with stakeholders across the organisation to assist and drive a positive culture
- Day-to-day support on health and safety including investigating incidents and implementing corrective actions to drive performance improvements
- Supporting the development and delivery of the health and safety strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the safety function internally
- Supporting on administrative tasks and collection of data once tasks have been completed and revealing the findings to improve performance
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) and Technical Membership of IOSH
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety role, supporting the drive on change across an organisation
- Highly competent with administrative skills using IT
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Confidence working closely with the in-house FM team on projects
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.