Head of Sustainability
Beaconsfield | Circa £80,000 + Car Allowance + Excellent Benefits
A globally operating Principal Contractor has engaged Irwin and Colton to recruit their Head of Sustainability. The company work on large scale projects across a variety of industries, including manufacturing, data centres, food and pharmaceutical, and are currently developing their sustainability agenda to meet their goals. They are looking for someone to lead on the progression and implementation of the strategy throughout the UK arm of the business, with the opportunity to develop a team, and branch out into their other arms.
Responsibilities of the Head of Sustainability will include:
- Lead on strategy development and drive this forward across the business, influencing decision making and best practice
- Leading on carbon initiatives, with a particular focus on carbon foot print and embodied carbon, evolving priorities as the strategy and initiatives develop
- Identify and analyse group-wide data, developing measurable action points which can be incorporated in objectives throughout the group
- Act as the main point of contact for the sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors, and regulators
The successful Head of Sustainability requires:
- Proven Sustainability Management experience, ideally within the construction, civils, or related industry sector
- Experience developing sustainability strategy, with strong technical knowledge across relevant sustainability legislation, compliance, and regulations, with a focus on carbon
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, in an appropriate sustainability or environmental discipline, and ideally hold a professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM)
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to lead the sustainability agenda within an industry leader
This is an excellent opportunity to take a leading Principal Contractor to the next step in their sustainability journey, leading their UK arm of the business, with opportunity to develop into a global position.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Isla Robson on or 01923 432 801, or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Manager positions.