Head of Sustainability
Northolt | Circa £90,000 + Car Allowance + Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton are pleased to announce we have been engaged by a leading construction and civil engineering contractor, to recruit their Head of Sustainability. The company work on a variety of projects, from small, short term civils projects, to large, high end construction projects, where sustainability is at the core of their agenda. They have set ambitious sustainability targets which they are making good progress on, and are looking for someone to continue driving this forward, taking a lead on sustainability across the business.
Responsibilities of the Head of Sustainability will include:
- Support strategy development and drive this forward across projects and the group, influencing decision making and best practice
- Leading on the delivery of Net Zero Carbon and social engagement, including leading the carbon science-based target program
- Identify and analyse group-wide data, developing measurable action points which can be incorporated in objectives throughout the group
- Act as the main point of contact for the sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors, and regulators
The successful Head of Sustainability requires:
- Proven Sustainability Management experience, ideally within the construction, civils, or related industry sector
- Strong technical knowledge across relevant sustainability legislation, compliance, and regulations, with a focus on carbon and social engagement, ideally with an understanding of science-based targets
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, in an appropriate environmental discipline, and ideally hold a professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM)
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to lead the sustainability agenda within an industry leader
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Isla Robson on or 01923 432 801, or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Manager positions.