Head of Health, Safety and Environment
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000 Plus Car Allowance, Excellent Benefits Package
Location: Manchester, Nottingham or London (home based with travel)
We're pleased to be partnered with a leading global food manufacturing organisation, who are seeking a new Head of Health, Safety and Environment. The role will lead on health, safety and environment strategy and operational management across multiple UK sites and is specifically responsible for the Health, Safety and Environment strategy for the company.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health, Safety and Environment will include:
- Leading the development and execution of the Safety, Health and Environment strategy and tactical planning across the organisation
- Leading, developing and managing a team of Health and Safety professionals and will have national responsibility
- Developing, implementing and promoting new initiatives to increase Health, Safety and Environment performance and understanding across the business
- Ensuring a regular audit programme is conducted and accurate reporting on findings and improvements are implemented
- Providing expert guidance and leadership to the Board of Directors and engage with all staff across the organisation on health and safety issues
The successful Head of Health, Safety and Environment will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within FMCG, Manufacturing, logistics, distribution or a related industry
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or equivalent
- Membership of a professional body (eg IOSH) Chartership of IOSH (or working towards)
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching across all levels of the organisation from site level to the boardroom
This is a true leadership position and is an excellent opportunity to become part of a world-renowned Global Organisation. This role will involve regular travel across the UK with occasional travel to Ireland. For further information and to apply, contact Emily Flynn on or call 01923 433 289.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.