Head of Health and Safety Strategy
UK National Role (covering the likes of London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff, and Glasgow)
Salary: circa £85,000 - £95,000, plus excellent benefits
Irwin and Colton have been exclusively engaged by a high-profile UK National Public Body to recruit the Head of Health and Safety Strategy. This is the most senior health and safety position within the organisation and will report to the Board. The role will lead a team of Health, Safety, Occupational Safety and Wellbeing professionals, specialists in their fields. The organisation has over 3500 employees working across the whole of the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to drive cultural change and deliver a best-in-class Health, safety and wellbeing strategy that will have positive impact across the whole organisation.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health and Safety Strategy will include:
- Leading on the development and delivery of robust health and safety controls across all activity across the organisation
- Engaging with internal staff and external stakeholders, with involvement across all projects from a strategic perspective, to ensure legal compliance and drive a positive health, safety, and wellbeing culture
- Strategically Investigating key Health and safety challenges with stakeholders and coaching staff to implement corrective actions to drive performance improvements
- Leading the wider team in the development and delivery of the strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the team internally and externally
The successful Head of Health and Safety Strategy will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma / equivalent and Graduate Member of IOSH minimum (ideally CMIOSH)
- Proven experience in a similar Health and Safety role, ideally within public sector and/or transportation, rail and other high risk environments
- Strong understanding of Occupational Health and Wellbeing, experience across wellbeing and trauma support (advantageous)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously, and delivering the outcomes successfully
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established property company with a long history and strong heritage. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.