Head of Health and Safety
£63,000 plus excellent package
We have been engaged to recruit a Head of Health and Safety who will lead on company level Health and Safety activities. This role will lead on health and safety strategy, policy development and form part of the leadership team for a high-profile infrastructure and transport organisation. The role will look after and build upon the existing health and safety team, whilst reporting to board level management.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health and Safety include:
- Providing expert guidance and leadership to the Directors, whilst engaging with all staff across the organisation on health and safety issues
- Lead on the development of the organisation's Health and Safety strategy
- Ensure a culture of best practice health and safety across ensuring full regulatory compliance
- Ensure activities across the network are properly risk assessed and manage a regular audit programme to evaluate performance
- Deliver relevant management reports on health & safety performance for the leadership team
The successful Head of Health and Safety will have:
- Proven experience in a leadership health and safety role, ideally with some civils, construction, transport or related industry experience
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging key internal and external stakeholders
- A NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) - ideally hold or working towards Chartered membership of a professional body (eg IOSH)
This is an excellent an opportunity for an experienced health and safety professional to work for a leader in their field. For further information and to apply, contact James Cox on or call 01923 432 687
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.