Head of Health and Safety
Location: London / South England
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by one of the UK's well-established residential and commercial property maintenance organisations to bring onboard a new Head of Health and Safety. This role will be focusing on driving the strategy across the business divisions to align to client needs, as well as driving development and cultural change across the business.
The expectation of approach for this role is to be both strategic and operational day-day. The role will have direct reports and reports into the Chief Financial Officer.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health and Safety will include:
- Leading on engagement with senior stakeholders across the organisation to assist and drive a positive health and safety culture
- Day-to-day management of ISO-systems 45001/14001/9001
- Leading on all health and safety management across all projects within the different business divisions, both operational with the likes of accidents and investigation, to strategic implementations for corrective actions to drive performance improvements
- Overseeing the FM division and ensuring that all contractors are safe and compliant when out on-site
- Leading the wider team in the development and delivery of the safety strategy; identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety function internally and externally
The successful Head of Health and Safety will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) and relevant IOSH membership
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety role; ideally hard Facilities Management or the wider property industry
- Proven experience of ISO Management systems (45001 / 14001 / 9001)
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong experience with contractor management
- Strong experience with board reporting on a quarterly and annual basis
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.