Head of Health and Safety
London | up to £65,000 + Benefits
Irwin and Colton are pleased to have been engaged by one of the most well-known performing arts organisations in the UK to recruit a new Head of Health and Safety. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an organisation that has a strong public presence and interesting historic background. The role will be leading a team of 3 across the property portfolio and reports directly into the Assistant Director of Business Planning & Governance.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health and Safety will include:
- Strategically overseeing the Health and Safety operations across the organisation and promoting best practice with all members of staff and members of the public
- Overseeing all the risk assessments, recorded accidents and investigations, and other projects that are handled by the 3 reports.
- Leading on audits of the site and maintaining/improving Health and Safety plans
- Leading on engagement with Senior stakeholders to continually improve Health and Safety within the organisation
The successful Head of Health and Safety will have:
- Proven health, safety experience, from a similar environment (eg. facilities management, hospitality, retail, property, or related background)
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) in health and safety, and Chartered Member of IOSH
- Relevant Fire Risk qualifications (Desirable)
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders
For further information or to discuss the next step in your health and safety career contact Matthew Cathcart on or 01923 432 636.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.