Health & Safety Consultant
Scotland (predominantly central belt; with some wider travel)
Up to £42,000 plus car allowance
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by one of the UK's largest real estate organisations to identify a new Health and Safety Consultant. The organisation has a multibillion-pound turnover and specialises in a wide variety of commercial and residential property. This role will be focusing on the property management and consultative services for a number of their clients within industrial real estate, retailers, and commercial multi-let offices.
This role will report to the Head of Consultancy, and work with key stakeholders across the business to raise the level of health and safety performance for a large property portfolio across Scotland.
Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Consultant will include:
- Working with the wider property teams, assessing each piece of real estate, and ensuring a health and safety plan is in place
- Establishing KPI's to track and report on health and safety on the company projects
- Engaging appropriately with employees across different departments to ensure a drive on positive culture
- Ensuring risk/fire risk assessments, policies and procedures are in place to ensure the safety of clients and the buildings
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety role, ideally within a corporate environment
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) with relevant IOSH membership
- NEBOSH Fire & Risk Management certificate (desirable)
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience working across a multi-site portfolio
- Happy to do extensive travel/overnight stays when required
For further information contact Matthew Cathcart on or 01923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.