Environment and Sustainability Manager
St Albans, (Office, Site and Home-based)
Circa £65,000 + Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
We're delighted to be working with a major civil engineering contractor to recruit an Environment and Sustainability Manager. The company, turnover circa £100m, are main contractors for major Power, Water, Gas, Telecoms and Railways infrastructure projects. The role will be taking the lead on company management systems, processes and procedures in relation to Environment and Sustainability, as they drive towards the ambitious sustainability targets.
Responsibilities of the Environment and Sustainability Manager will include:
- Managing the Environment Advisor, ensuring the delivery of the environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a wide range of diverse projects
- Visiting sites and constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements across Environment and Sustainability
- Lead on a range of forward thinking environmental initiatives and projects
- Act as a main point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors and regulators
The successful Environment and Sustainability Manager requires:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent within Environment and Sustainability field
- Demonstrable environmental and sustainability experience, ideally within the infrastructure, construction, rail, utilities, or related sector
- IEMA practitioner membership (or equivalent from a recognised environmental body)
- Excellent presentation skills, and clear business report writing
The successful candidate will need to have a UK Driving License, for travel to sites. This is an excellent opportunity for an Environment and Sustainability professional looking to grow their career within an industry leader.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Keely Roberts on 01923 433 215 or or apply here. Job reference: KR1780
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Manager positions.