Environment and Sustainability Manager
Spitalfields | £70,000 + Travel + Benefits
Irwin and Colton has been engaged by a leading construction and civil engineering company to recruit an Environment Manager. This role will be joining an established team and take a lead role on a variety of projects across London. The organisation has a track record of successful delivery of high-profile projects and the environmental agenda is core to their operations.
Key responsibilities of the Environment and Sustainability Manager will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of the environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a wide range of diverse projects
- Conducting BREEAM assessments and working closely with the wider project teams to ensure BREEAM is delivered successfully
- Visiting sites and constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements, and deliver training where required
- Act as a main point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors and regulators
The successful Environment and Sustainability Manager requires:
- Demonstrable environmental and sustainability experience, ideally within the construction, civils or related sector
- Qualified in an appropriate environmental discipline with good knowledge of BREEAM, and ISO 14001
- Ideally hold a professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM)
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop a career within the environmental space
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader in their sector and deliver real impact through forward thinking schemes. The role presents the opportunity to gain valuable leadership and management experience in this growing Environment team. The position will include regular travel across London.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Isla Robson on 01923 432 801 or or apply here. Job reference IR1592.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Manager positions.