Environment and Sustainability Manager
Multi-Site Role within Essex Region | £45,000 - £54,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin and Colton are looking to identify a Sustainability Manager to join a large, family-owned construction and engineering business. The company turnover Circa £1bn, and work across a variety of different sectors, where Sustainability and Social Value is at the core of their operations. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established, yet growing Environment and Sustainability Team, to continue developing your career.
Key Responsibilities of the Environment and Sustainability Manager will Include:
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements and deliver training where required
- Ensuring the delivery of the environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a wide range of diverse infrastructure projects
- Support strategy implementation and drive this forward across different projects and influence decision making and best practice at site level.
- Acting as the main point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors, and
The Successful Environment and Sustainability Manager Requires:
- Demonstrable environmental and sustainability experience, ideally within construction, infrastructure, utilities, civils or related sector
- Qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in an appropriate environmental discipline
- Ideally hold a professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM)
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop a career within the environmental space
The role will involve the communication of ideas throughout the organisation, therefore ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that are continuing to push sustainability forward and effect real change through forward thinking schemes. The position will involve travel, therefore a UK drivers' licence is essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Jessica Rowe on or 01923 432 693.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Senior Advisor, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.