Environment and Sustainability Manager
Home Based with Travel | £65,000 plus Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
We are pleased to announce we have been engaged by a FTSE 250, internationally recognised, building services company, to recruit an Environment and Sustainability Manager. This position will be involved in both the development and implementation of the sustainability strategy across the organisation and large-scale projects, to ensure targets are met.
There is scope to make the role your own and have a genuine impact on the direction of the sustainability journey, and will also provide the opportunity to grow a team.
Responsibilities for the Environment and Sustainability Manager will include:
- Development of the sustainability strategy, driving this forward across projects and the organisation, influencing decision making and best practice
- Working closely with clients' to understand and deliver their energy performance and net zero requirements
- Carrying out site inspections and audits, undertake preliminary environmental assessments and provide environmental training where required
- Acting as the main point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors, and regulators
The successful Environment and Sustainability Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within M&E, construction, property, infrastructure, or related industries
- Ideally a degree in a relevant Environment related subject, and ideally a professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM)
- Experience working with ISO 14001, and carbon management / reduction strategies
- Excellent communications skills with experience influencing and engaging a wide range of stakeholders
Excellent opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic and professional environment. Applicants must hold a UK Drivers License, for travel to sites. Contact Isla Robson on or 01923 432 801.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Manager positions.