Environment and Sustainability Advisor
Horley | Site Travel across West Sussex and Kent
£40,000 plus Car Allowance + Excellent Benefits
We've been engaged by a major Principal Contractor to recruit an Environment and Sustainability Advisor. The company is a leader in sustainable developments and are working to continue raising standards across the industry. This position will be joining their established Sustainability team, working across a number of major projects in West Sussex and Kent.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a globally recognised Principal Contractor, and develop your career alongside a strong, growing team.
Key responsibilities of the Environment and Sustainability Advisor will include:
- Conducting regular site visits to ensure the delivery of the environmental policy and compliance with legislation and regulations, across a range of projects
- Advising project teams at each stage of the development process, to ensure sustainability initiatives are implemented, and goals are met
- Carrying out site inspections and audits, undertaking preliminary environmental assessments and collecting data to assess environmental and sustainability performance
- Constantly scanning for areas of improvement, promoting best practice and staying up to date with changes to legislation, as well as conducting training where required
The successful Environment and Sustainability Advisor requires:
- Demonstrable environmental and sustainability experience, ideally within the construction, property, civil engineering or related sector
- Qualified in an appropriate environmental discipline, and ideally have experience working with Environmental Management Systems, such as ISO 14001
- Ideally hold a professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM)
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop a career within the environmental space
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader in their sector and deliver real impact through forward thinking schemes. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Isla Robson on 01923 432 832 or or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Advisor, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.