Environmental Advisor | 18 month FTC
Plymouth | Circa £40,000 plus Benefits
We have been engaged by a new and expanding aggregates and construction company, to recruit an Environmental Advisor. The Environmental Advisor will support operations across the site, working alongside an existing environmental team.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the overall environmental and sustainability strategy of this leading organisation and help to drive environmental performance in both the production and commissioning phases of the Plymouth site.
Responsibilities for the Environment Advisor will include:
- Ensuring the delivery and development of the environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across the site.
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements, and deliver training where required
- Monthly performance reports, analysing trends, opportunities, and risks
- Working closely with the environmental manager to deliver on auditing permits and planning.
The successful Environment Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within oil and gas, mining, construction or related industry
- Qualified in an appropriate environmental discipline, and ideally membership of IEMA
- Excellent communications skills with a drive to have a real impact on a company`s environmental journey
- Good knowledge across relevant environmental and sustainability legislation
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving Environment and Sustainability team and further develop your career. Contact Jessica Rowe on or 01923 432 693.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Advisor, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.