Banbury | £45,000 + Car Allowance +Travel
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by one of the UK's leading Principal Contractors to recruit an Environment Advisor, to join them on the UK's largest civil engineering and infrastructure project. The organisation currently turnover circa £4bn and have a track record of successful project delivery across some of the UKs most iconic construction projects.
This is a great opportunity to join a large, established Environmental team, on a long term, globally recognised project.
Key responsibilities of the Environment Advisor will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of the Environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across the project
- Attend site wide surveys / screening surveys: collecting data to establish a baseline condition on environmental issues for a site or area of consideration
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements and deliver training where required
- Acting as a point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors and regulators
The successful Environment Advisor requires:
- Demonstrable environmental experience, ideally within the construction, utilities, infrastructure, civil engineering or a related sector
- Ideally degree qualified and ideally hold a professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWM)
- Experience working with Environmental Management Systems, such as ISO 14001
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop a career within the Environment and sustainability
The role will involve the communication of ideas throughout the organisation, and hence the ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader, in their sector, and effect real change through forward thinking schemes.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Isla Robson on , or 01923 432 801, or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.