CDM Advisor (Client-side Construction)
Birmingham hybrid | Up to £50,000 + Car allowance
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by one of the UK's largest hospitality organisations to recruit a CDM Advisor. The company operate a large number of venues across the UK with a major property portfolio and 100's of live construction projects at any one time. This role is tasked with ensuring the company are discharging their duties under CDM, embedding health and safety within the decision-making process throughout the full project life cycle and the supply chain.
This role will report into the head of Health and Safety and work closely with the Head of Construction and the wider team.
Responsibilities of the CDM Advisor will include:
- Supporting key internal and external stakeholders ensuring the vision for health and safety is communicated and implemented through the supply chain
- Providing technical support to key decision makers and influencing the projects to ensure health and safety is at the forefront of decision making; particularly at the design phase
- Supporting the senior team on the implementation of a health and safety procurement framework to drive performance through the supply chain
- Conducting site-based health and safety audits and reporting against these
The successful CDM Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a health and safety role with an understanding of client-side CDM responsibilities
- Good understanding of the CDM regulations and experience working with designers to eliminate risk
- NEBOSH General Certificate (and relevant IOSH membership)
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
For further information contact Matthew Cathcart on or 01923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.