Senior Health and Safety Manager, Glasgow, £65,000-£70,000 + Car Allowance
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high-profile construction client to recruit a new Health and Safety Manager to join the team. This role will manage a small team of advisors covering construction and civil engineering projects in and around Glasgow region. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious health and safety and professional who is looking to develop their career further with a leader in the industry.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Manage a team of advisors and joining them across the sites, implementing health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation through mentoring, coaching and developing contractors
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries
- Undertaking audits and inspections of the site, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
The successful Senior Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within construction or related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally working towards Diploma level and relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Drive and enthusiasm with the ability to promote a positive Health and Safety culture
This role would suit an ambitious health and safety professional looking to further grow and develop their career. A UK Driver's license is essential. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Andy Harris on 01923 432 634 or (Job ref: AH1999)
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.