Senior Health and Safety Manager
London | £73,000 + Car allowance + Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a major principal contractor to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Manager. The company is one of the highest profiles in the UK and are responsible for the UK's most well-known developments. They have an excellent track record of health and safety performance, and this role is critical to ensure this is not only maintained but continually improved and developed.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Working with Senior Management and Directors strategically planning health and safety throughout projects, assessing upcoming challenging and ensuring health and safety solutions are in place
- Working with the Procurement Team to ensure robust health and safety systems are embedded into the process
- Coaching contractors to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health and safety strategy
- Constantly assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
- Line management of Health and Safety managers, ensuring efficient deployment of resource
The successful Senior Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role ideally within construction or civil engineering or a related industry, ideally from a Principal contractor
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management and site level operations
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and ideally Chartership of IOSH
- Experience with innovative occupational health, wellbeing and behavioral programmes
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Dean Townshend on or 01923 432 689.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.