Senior Health and Safety Advisor Manchester £41,000 - £45,000 plus excellent benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a local government authority to hire a new Senior Health and Safety Advisor. This position is tasked with working closely and reporting into the health and safety Manager across the organisation and ensuring the "Best in Class" health and safety standards are in place. The role is predominantly focused on working with the local fire service across their operations. It is an excellent opportunity for an established, Chartered health and safety professional to continue developing their career.
Responsibilities for the Senior Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Providing expert practical and technical leadership and advice in health, safety, and risk management measures across a multidisciplinary organisation
- Delivering new initiatives across health, safety, and wellbeing and understanding the statutory requirements to any wellbeing-related impacts.
- Assisting with the implementation and development of ISO management systems, such as ISO45001
- Investigating serious health and safety related incidents, preparing reports and recommendations on corrective action and ensure compliance
- Contributing and leading on projects covering compliance and best practice across health & safety legislation
The successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Chartered Membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (CMIOSH)
- BSc in Occupational Health and Safety or NEBOSH / NCRQ National Diploma (or equivalent)
- The ability to develop and implement effective health and safety strategies, policies, and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of senior stakeholders and the capability of training non-health and safety professionals within an organisation
Local Government or related experience would be ideal.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Oscar Dale at or call 01923 432673
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.