Senior Environment and Sustainability Advisor
North London (flexible working with site travel)
Circa £60,000 + Car and Excellent Benefits
We're delighted to be working with a high-profile civil engineering company to recruit an Senior Environment and Sustainability Advisor. The organisation has a track record of successful delivery on high-profile construction and infrastructure projects and the environmental agenda has always been core to their operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to lead on the environment and sustainability agenda and work closely with senior stakeholders across the business.
Responsibilities of the Senior Environment and Sustainability Advisor will include:
- Support strategy development and drive this forward across projects and the group, influencing decision making and best practice
- Ensuring the delivery of the environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a wide range of diverse infrastructure projects
- Carrying out site inspections and audits, undertake preliminary environmental assessments and provide environmental training where required
- Acting as the main point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors, and regulators
The successful Senior Environment and Sustainability Advisor requires:
- Demonstrable environmental and sustainability experience, ideally within utilities, infrastructure, construction, civils or related sector
- Qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in an appropriate environmental discipline
- Ideally hold a professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM)
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop a career within the environmental space
The role will involve the communication of ideas throughout the organisation, the ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader, in their sector, and effect real change through forward thinking schemes. The position will include travel, a valid UK driving license is required.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Jessica Rowe on 01923 432 693 or or apply here. Job reference: JR1934
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Senior Advisor, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.