Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager
Location: Newport with travel to two sites across the North | £45,000 to £55,000 plus Company Car and Excellent Benefits
We've been engaged by one of the leading integrated waste management companies in the UK to recruit a Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager. The role is focused on promoting a positive health and safety culture and to improve health and safety performance across the company. This role will be based at their main site in Newport with travel to two sites in the north.
Responsibilities of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager will include:
- Engaging across sites at all levels, from senior management to site operatives to embed safety, health and environmental best practice
- Delivering support and training to site operatives on health, safety and environmental issues as required
- Performing regular audits and inspections across sites in the regional area, accurately reporting on findings
- Ensuring adherence to relevant regulations and legislation, striving to reach industry best practice
The successful Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally within a waste, manufacturing, chemicals or high hazardous environment
- NEBOSH or equivalent Certificate and relevant membership of IOSH (NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Desirable)
- IEMA or Environmental Qualification (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging colleagues at all levels
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional and forward-thinking organisation and develop your career further. If the role is of interest, please contact Natasha Dimmock on or 01923 432 694.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.