Lead Environment Advisor
Maidstone, Horsham or Southampton with Regional Site Travel | £54,000 + Car Allowance
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a high-profile civil engineering company to recruit a Lead Environment Advisor. This role will work on one of the company's major long-term contracts, working closely with the client across multiple sites, to ensure environmental needs are met. The organisation is going from strength to strength, winning new work as well as successfully delivering on long term projects, and currently turnover in excess of £300m.
This role will involve mentoring two Environment Advisors, providing an excellent opportunity to develop leadership skills.
Responsibilities for the Lead Environment Advisor will include:
- Working closely with the client and site teams to ensure environmental and sustainability goals are met, providing advice to professionals with varying levels of understanding on the subject
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements, and deliver training where required
- Continually developing and improving plans for environmental management, such as ISO14001, material management and waste
- Monthly performance reports, analysing trends, opportunities, and risks
The successful Lead Environment Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within utilities, civil engineering, construction or a related industry
- Qualified in an appropriate environmental discipline, ideally a degree in Environment, Sustainability or related subject and ideally membership of IEMA
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging with a range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant environmental and sustainability legislation
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving Environment and Sustainability team and further develop your career. A UK driver's licence is essential. Contact Katherine Say on or 01923 432 634.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Senior Advisor, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.