Interim Health and Safety Officer
£250 per day (Inside IR35)
Irwin and Colton are pleased to be partnering with a leading educational trust to recruit an interim Health and Safety Officer. The organisation is a governing body for the educational space, representing members working within the educational vocation. This role will co-ordinate the different factions of Health and Safety across the organisation whilst working with the wider administration team to make sure compliance is maintained and identifying areas for continuous improvement.
Responsibilities of the Interim Health and Safety Officer will include:
- Co-ordinating the delivery of health and safety across the organisation, ensuring this is fit for purpose and striving for best practice within different environments
- Assisting on the delivery on opportunities to drive efficiently and modernise the health and safety function
- Assist on training within the function; identifying needs and developing and delivering health and safety training, liaising with external training contractors, as required
- Assisting Management with expert health and safety advice and knowledge to a range of senior stakeholders
The successful Interim Health and Safety Officer will have:
- Proven experience in a similar Health and Safety role; ideally within an educational or property focused environment
- NEBOSH qualified or equivalent, and ideally hold NEBOSH fire or equivalent level qualification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record of managing multiple projects
This is an excellent opportunity to take on an assistant position, with great potential to develop within the well regarding academic institution. For further information and to apply please contact James Cox on or 01923 432 687
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.