Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Peterborough | £50,000 - £60,000 plus Excellent Benefits
We've been engaged by a specialist industrial manufacturing company to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Manager. The role is focused on promoting a positive health and safety culture and improving health, safety and environmental performance across the company. The organisation is a leader in their field and this role will be based at their major UK manufacturing facility in Peterborough.
Responsibilities for the Health, Safety and Environment Manager will include:
- Acting as a key point of contact for managers across the organisation on Health, Safety and Environmental matters
- Advising and supporting the use of relevant management systems
- Helping to ensure the facility is fully compliant with UK legislation for Health, Safety and Environment
- Auditing Safety, Health and Environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and enforcement agencies where applicable
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a related manufacturing or industrial environment
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma (or equivalent), membership of a relevant body (e.g. IOSH)
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to health and safety
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging clients, staff, and contractors
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional and forward-thinking organisation and develop your career further. For more information and to apply please contact Kirstie Putman on or 01923 432 635.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.