Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
Hertfordshire | £30,000 - £40,000 (12 Month FTC)
We have been engaged by one of the UK's largest retailers to recruit a new Health, Safety and Environment Advisor. The business is rapidly growing its portfolio and has a large network of properties spread across the whole of the United Kingdom. The role reports into the Health and Safety Manager and will have broad exposure to a variety of Health and Safety projects and initiatives.
The company is going from strength to strength and this position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to grow and develop their career and responsibilities within the Health and safety team.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will include:
- Working with the wider Health and Safety team, ensuring management systems and accreditations are successfully maintained throughout the business
- Occasional site visits, auditing health and safety performance and accurately reporting on health and safety performance and communicating this across the organisation
- Engaging with senior professionals within the business and dealing with any health and safety queries internally.
- Involved in the development and delivery of health and safety training to employees across the business
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH Certificate/equivalent qualification
- Experience operating in a fast-paced, multi-site environment
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience within a similar industry is ideal (such as FM/Property)
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your health and safety career within a reputable and growing organisation. The position will include travel; a valid UK driver's license is essential. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Oscar Dale on 01923 432 673 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.