Health and Safety Project Manager
£300 per day
We have been engaged by a global leader in the waste and recycling industry, to recruit a Health and Safety Project Manager. The company has over a hundred locations across the world and an extensive network and workforce across the UK. This position will work on one of the organisations sites in Liverpool working with the onsite team on health and safety related improvement projects.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the overall health, safety and environmental strategy of this leading organisation and help to drive health, safety and environmental performance.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Project Manager will include:
- Working closely with the Regional SHE Manager to implement the Health and Safety strategy
- Engaging across sites at all levels, from senior management to site operatives to embed Health and Safety best practice
- Undertaking an initial gap analysis of the polices and procedures that are being used on the site
- Reviewing the current risk assessment and method statements and identifying gaps and opportunities for improvements across these
- Working with the onsite safety and project teams to implement improvement plans across the site.
The successful Health and Safety Project Manager will have:
- Previous experience within heavy manufacturing, waste / recycling or other related high-risk industry experience
- NEBOSH/NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent) in health and safety and membership of IOSH
- NEBOSH or IEMA Environmental Management Certificate (desirable)
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders
This role would suit an experienced SHE professional looking to progress their career further in a successful and growing global organisation. Please contact James Cox on or 01923 432 687 to apply and for further details.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.