Health and Safety Officer
Community Security Trust
Northwest London | £40,000 + Excellent Benefits (20 Days Annual Leave + Bank and Jewish Holidays)
We have been exclusively engaged by the Community Security Trust (CST) to recruit a new Health and Safety Officer working out of their Head Office in Northwest London.
The CST is a charity that protects the British Jewish community from antisemitism and other relatable threats. They received charitable status back in 1996 and is recognised by both Police and Government as a unique model of best practice, and has circa 100 full and part-time staff, based in their 3 offices across London, Manchester, and Leeds.
CST provides security advice and training for Jewish communal organisations, schools, and synagogues. CST secures over 650 Jewish communal buildings and approximately 1,000 communal events every year.
As a Health and Safety Officer your key focus will be to execute and develop the organisation's Health and Safety Compliance Strategy. You will be expected to take the initiative to identify areas for Health & Safety improvement and implement and co-ordinate risk management programmes for each of the CST offices. You will be responsible for overseeing health and safety across the 3 sites, primarily based out of London, with quarterly visits to the Manchester and Leeds offices.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Officer will include:
- Leading on all matters health and safety related across the sites, such as reviewing, developing and implementing comprehensive health and safety policies and procedures, as well as engaging with staff and volunteers across the sites
- Manage safe working environments for office spaces, staff and volunteers by conducting risk assessments and method statements
- Establish working partnerships with personnel in other departments, as well as volunteers to pursue common Health & Safety objectives
- Investigate accidents and, where appropriate, compile adequate reports on such occurrences to ensure legal requirements are met.
- Oversee and manage the health and safety budget effectively. Work closely with finance teams to ensure budgetary alignment and transparency.
The successful Health and Safety Officer will have:
- NEBOSH Certificate/equivalent qualification
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of current Health & Safety legislation with a proven ability to influence and develop relationships at all levels within the business.
- Excellent communication skills with a natural ability to build strong relationships
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a persistence to see issues resolved
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your health and safety career within a reputable and growing organisation. The position will include travel. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Oscar Dale on 01923 432 673 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.