Health and Safety Manager
Location: Taunton (with some further travel)
Salary: Up to £50,000 + Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a managed accommodation property provider across the Southwest region to recruit a new Health and Safety Manager. The organisation currently has several sites across the given region, that also cross the Channel to the Isla of Wight. This position reports directly into the Head of Property, ensuring that best practice is met within the organisation.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Assessing current health and safety strategy and performance, identifying areas for development
- Working closely with the senior management team to continually develop and refine the organisation's health and safety strategy and policies, in line with the business evolution
- Managing and implementing a regular audit and reporting program and communicating team performance across the company, reporting this to the Head of Property
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Essential to have a NEBOSH general certificate (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- Proven experience within Health and Safety, ideally within residential property, retail, or hospitality
- Experience operating in multi-site environments, and prioritising engagement with stakeholders effectively
- Exceptional communications skills with experience of influencing and engaging effectively across a wide range of stakeholders
This position will require a self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a wider team. A valid UK driver's license is essential.
For further information and to apply please contact Matthew Cathcart on or 01923 432 636
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.