Health and Safety Manager
Milton Keynes | £ Dependent upon experience + Benefits
We're pleased to have been engaged by a diverse organisation, with a large agricultural and property portfolio, to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. From tourist and leisure attractions through to residential and commercial properties, the organisation has a varied range of business units and associated health and safety risks to manage.
It is essential the successful candidate for this role is comfortable engaging and communicating both with the workforce on the ground and with senior management. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to work with the existing entrepreneurial nature of the management team and the group of business, whilst also continuing to develop the positive Health and Safety culture within the various businesses.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Assessing the current health and safety policies and procedures across the businesses and analysing key areas for improvement
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team ensuring the successful implementation of the health and safety strategy
- Keeping updated with key changes to health and safety legislation, ensuring the organisation remains compliant
- Engaging with senior managers, clients and external stakeholders ensuring responsibilities are clear and raising the profile of the function
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience within a similar health and safety role ideally within property, leisure, hospitality or agricultural industries
- NEBOSH / NCRQ certificate (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, from site level to the boardroom
- An upbeat and enthusiastic personality suited to working within an energetic management team
This position offers a great opportunity for a self-motivated professional to further their career in an exciting and varied organisation.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Kirstie Putman on or 01923 432 635 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.