Health and Safety Manager
Yorkshire Region |circa £50,000 plus car allowance
Irwin and Colton are pleased to have been engaged by an industry leading real estate and facilities management organisation (who generated a multibillion-pound revenue performance in 2021) are looking to bring on-board a new Health and Safety Manager.
The role will support on various aspects of the health and safety agenda within the business, reporting into the divisional HSQE Director. This role will be a hands-on role and will involve supporting the Director and managing the drive on cultural change and new initiatives across the organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of driving the health and safety performance in a professional and dynamic working environment.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Engaging with key stakeholders on site locations to drive a positive health and safety culture, from employees right through to board level
- Supporting the wider business units in the development and delivery of health and safety strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety function internally and externally
- Assessment and development of the health and safety management systems to ensure that it reflects best practice
- To analyse risk across the corporate environment and then create and drive strategy to mitigate those risks
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience within property or the built environment, ideally with a corporate background
- Experience in influencing, engaging, and liaising with stakeholders across all levels of organisations, from site through to boardroom
- A NEBOSH diploma (or equivalent) and relevant membership of a professional body
- Good working understanding of relevant ISO systems (ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001)
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established property company with a long history and strong heritage. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.