Director of Health and Safety
London | circa £90,000 - £100,000 + Benefits
Irwin and Colton have recently engaged with a leading commercial and workplace real estate company, who are seeking a Director of Health and Safety to lead on creating and developing new health and safety strategy for the organisation across their multimillion-pound portfolio, whilst reporting into the Chief Operating Officer. The company owns and manages their portfolio, and these are numerous properties located across the UK and globally, which consist of commercial workplace builds and retail outlets. They handle the construction of their portfolio, as well as managing the operational property environment once projects are completed and occupied.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead health and safety in a professional and dynamic working environment and fast-growing organisation.
Responsibilities of the Director of Health and Safety will include:
- Ensure a culture of best practice health and safety across the business and property portfolio, ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provide expert guidance, leadership, and reporting to the Board of Directors and engage with all staff across the organisation on health and safety issues
- Ensure activities across the portfolio are properly risk assessed and manage a regular audit programme to evaluate performance
- Develop and manage the health and safety management system, seek opportunities to improve and enhance the overall Health and safety strategy and performance
The successful Director of Health and Safety will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within property, the built environment, Facilities (or a related industry)
- Experience in influencing, engaging, and coaching across all levels of the organisation from site to the boardroom
- NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma (or equivalent)
- Membership of a professional body (eg IOSH) Chartership of IOSH (or working towards)
- An understanding of the associate risks within construction environments as well as built operational property management environments
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established property company that is rapidly making an impact in the market today. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.