Health and Safety Consultant
Sheffield (Regional travel)
£45,000-£50,000 + Car allowance and excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton are working with a leading consultancy to secure a Health and Safety professional to join the team and work across a range of construction and engineering clients across the region. The role will be home based and involve travel on a daily basis to client sites across this designated region. The overall purpose of the role is to provide high quality health and safety support across a range of industries.
Key responsibilities of the Health and Safety Consultant:
Establish health and safety requirements at site and use experience and initiative to provide educated solutions
- Deliver and schedule health and safety inspections, audits and reviews on behalf of principal contractors and specialist subcontractors
- Provision of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) and assisting site leadership with health and safety queries
- Assist in creating Health and Safety policies and site-based management systems where required
Essential experience and qualifications for the Health and Safety Consultant:
- Experience within a health and safety role, ideally from within construction or related industry
- NEBOSH Construction or NCRQ Certificate or equivalent and Graduate or Chartered membership of IOSH
- NEBOSH fire safety or equivalent essential
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within health and safety
This is an excellent opportunity for an established health and safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of projects with a consultancy. For further details and to apply please contact Andy Harris on or 01923 433 215.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.