Health and Safety Advisor
Newmarket | £35,000 plus benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a specialist animal care facility to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. The site has over 420 employees and is a cutting-edge facility for animals and is part of a wider multibillion-pound organisation. The overall purpose of this role is to work alongside the central health and safety team and to provide advice and support on health and safety matters for the site, and reports into the Health and Safety Manager.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Completing risk assessments, recording accidents and incidents, and assisting with investigations
- Supporting on the development and maintenance of the health and safety policies, procedures, and projects
- Accurately analysing and reporting on health and safety performance and communicating this across the organisation
- Liaising with external stakeholders and members of the senior leadership team
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven health and safety or environmental health experience - ideally within a similar environment such as hospitals and health care or facilities management
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH ideally working towards Diploma level or an Environmental Health degree
- Good communications skills and a positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within Health and Safety
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global industry leader in a progressive and forward-thinking environment. For more information and to apply please contact Eloise Haigh on or 01923 432 629
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.