Health and Safety Advisor
Aylesbury | £30,000 - £35,000 Plus Excellent Benefits
We're pleased to have been engaged by one of the UK's leading waste management companies to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. The role is focused on promoting a positive Health and Safety culture and to improve Health and Safety performance across the company.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking and progressive Health and Safety team who are always looking to continually improve and strive for best practice.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture across your regional area, seeking best practice at every opportunity
- Supporting and advising site teams to help them meet company standards and procedures
- Assisting senior management with the implementation of new campaigns and company-wide initiatives
- Supporting the ongoing review and improvement of management systems in line with company policy
- Liaising with external regulatory authorities and any other professional body
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within waste, recycling, environmental services or a related industry
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent and ideally membership of a relevant professional body (i.e. IOSH)
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to health and safety
- Environmental awareness or qualifications would be an advantage (i.e. IEMA Cert)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in their field within a team that supports continued professional development and progression. For further details and to apply please contact Kirstie Putman on 01923 432 635.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.