Health and Safety Advisor
Watford | circa £45,000 + Car
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a Plant Hire, Haulage and Transport Services company, who operate across the construction space, to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. This position is to support their demand, and will involve travel to depots and construction sites across the South East. This position will report into the Head of Health and Safety.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Visiting site and engaging with managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquires
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within civil engineering, plant hire or related industries
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and a member of IOSH
- Ideally experience with ISO systems
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders
UK Driver's license is essential. Contact Kristian on or 01923 432 690 for more information. Job reference: KG1733.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.