Health and Safety Advisor
Folkestone | £40,000 + Excellent Benefits
We're pleased to have been engaged by a specialist construction contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. The organisation plays a critical role in the construction and modernising of major infrastructure and they have a strong order book. This role will support the Health, Safety and Environment Manager and will contribute towards a positive safety culture on projects in Kent.
The company is going from strength to strength and this position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to grow and develop their career and responsibilities as the company grows.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on sites, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Visiting sites and engaging with teams and managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquires
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally within construction, civils, M&E, rail or a related industry
- NEBOSH certificate (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to work independently or as part of a team is essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to elevate your health, safety, and environment career within a reputable and growing organisation. For further details please contact Kirstie Putman on or 01923 432 635.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.