Head of Health and Safety, London, £70,000-£80,000 plus Travel & Excellent Benefits
We have been engaged by a specialist construction fit-out and refurbishment contractor to recruit a Head of Health and Safety. The company are going from strength to strength, with a growing turnover and partnering with a number of tier 1 principal contractors. Our client a leader in their field with a safety team that have won numerous awards for their approach to safety and the culture they have created. The role will involve site travel to sites across central London.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health and Safety will include:
- Engaging with the workforce across sites, carrying out risk assessments and implementing health and safety policies and procedures, to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
- Undertaking audits and inspections on site, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
- Work to get the company affiliated with industry health and safety standards
- Engaging with people at all levels across the organisation to embed health and safety best practice
The successful Head of Health and Safety will have:
- Similar experience in a Health and safety role, from construction, fit out, refurbishment or related industries
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate, and ideally hold or working towards Diploma
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
This is a great opportunity grow and develop your career as the business grows. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information, please contact Andy Harris on 01923 432 634 or (Job reference: AH1742).
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.