Group Health and Safety Manager
Thetford | Circa £68,000 plus Benefits
We've been engaged by a well-established chemical manufacturing company to secure a Group Health and Safety Manager to oversee, maintain and develop current procedures. The role will report to the Operations Director and will lead on health and safety for business. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring a positive and proactive approach to health and safety and reassure key stakeholders that HSE standards are being met.
Responsibilities of the Group Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Working closely with the senior management team to implement the health, safety and environment policies and procedures in line with the business evolution and growth
- Engaging across the organisation from the senior management to the shop floor to embed health and safety best practice
- Managing a regular audit and reporting program and communicating performance across the company
- Acting as the key Health, Safety and Environment point of contact for a range of stakeholders including external regulators and customers
The successful Group Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Similar experience in a health, safety and environment role with ideally COMAH or high hazardous industry experience
- Previous experience within chemicals/pharmaceuticals, heavy manufacturing, waste / recycling or other related high-risk industry experience
- NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma in H&S (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders
This is a great opportunity to join an established organisation and work on a range of interesting projects. Please contact Kirstie Putman on or 01923 432 635 to apply and for further details.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.