Global Health and Safety Advisor
Maidenhead (Home working 3 days a week) | £40,000 to £50,000 + Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton are pleased to have been engaged by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission to recruit a Global Health and Safety Advisor.
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission is an intergovernmental organisation providing an incredibly important service. Their principal function is to mark, record and maintain the graves and places of commemoration of military service members who died in World War I and II.
This role requires a self-starter who can drive forward a positive Health and Safety culture in a dynamic and varied environment and does include occasional travel to some of their key sites across the globe including Europe, Africa and Asia.
Responsibilities of the Global Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Supporting the site teams by providing constructive advice and feedback on their Health and Safety practices, identifying areas for improvement and feeding back as appropriate
- Accidents, near misses and incident reporting whilst monitoring key issues and trends
- Drawing up annual monitoring plans in liaison with the Regional and Country Managers, and coordinating and analysing country performance providing practical advice on corrective and preventative actions as necessary
- Maintaining, updating and improving the company's management systems and wider framework
- Delivering Health and Safety knowledge gap analyses and an associated Health and Safety Training plan for staff
The successful Global Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Previous experience within facilities management, horticulture, maintenance or related industries
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent knowledge of ISO/OHSAS standards with experience in maintaining and updating these management systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and flexible approach to safety
Experience operating in an international environment would be a distinct advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to rollout new initiatives, drive forward best practice and implement change within an industry leading organisation. For further details please contact Emily Flynn on or 01923 433 289.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Advisor, through to Health and Safety Director positions.