Birmingham | £65,000 + Car allowance
We're delighted to be partnering with one of the most highly regarded Principal Contractors, listed in the FTSE 100, and recognised globally for the quality of their work, to recruit an Environment Manager.
This role will be joining an established team within the infrastructure arm of the business, initially working on a major highways project. The organisation is known for their high-profile projects, and the Environmental and Sustainability agenda is core to their operations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in their field with huge potential to develop within the division and wider business!
Key responsibilities of the Environment Manager will include:
- Ensuring delivery of the Environmental policy and compliance with the latest legislation and regulations
- Working closely with a range of stakeholders to ensure implementation of the Environmental strategy
- Conduct site visits and audits, seek opportunities to drive improvements and deliver training if/when required
- Acting as a point of contact for the Environmental Sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors and regulators
The successful Environment Manager requires:
- Demonstrable Environmental experience, ideally within the construction, utilities, infrastructure, civil engineering or related sector
- A degree in an Environmental discipline and ideally hold a professional membership with a recognised Environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWM)
- Good understanding of how to engage the supply chain, and ideally experience with water, dust and carbon management
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop your career
Positions with a company like this don't come around too often! This is a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop with a leader in their field, working on some of the most prestigious projects in the UK.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Isla Robson at or 01923 432 801, or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Sustainability, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Sustainability, health and safety industry from Sustainability, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Sustainability, Health and Safety Lead positions.