Banbury | £65,000 + Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
We are pleased to announce we have been engaged by of the UK's leading Principal Contractors, to recruit an Environmental Manager, to work on the largest civils and infrastructure project in the UK. This will be joining a large Environmental team which is continuing to grow, to keep up with the demand of the project. This is a new position that will involve liaising stakeholders, as well as managing subcontractors and specialist Environmental teams.
Responsibilities for the Environmental Manager will include:
- Working closely with a range of stakeholders including subcontractors, and managing a team of Environmental specialists, to ensure implementation of Environmental strategies in line with their commitments
- Writing and reviewing policies and procedures, and ensuring best practice on site
- Accurately reporting on Environmental performance and communicating this across the organisation
- Constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements, and deliver training where required
The successful Environmental Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within construction, civil engineering or related field
- Ideally a degree in a relevant Environmental related subject, and ideally hold a membership of IEMA
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant Environmental legislation, compliance and regulations, ideally with ISO 14001 experience
Contact Isla Robson on or 01923 432 801.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.