Home Based with Regular Site Travel | £40,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin and Colton is looking to identify an Environment Advisor to join one of the UK's leading Principal Contractors, who turnover Circa £1bn. The organisation has a track record of successful delivery of high-profile projects and the environmental agenda has always been core to their operations. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and growing Environment Team and further develop your career.
Key Responsibilities of the Environment Advisor will Include:
- Ensuring the delivery of the environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a wide range of diverse projects
- Attend site wide surveys / screening surveys: collecting data to establish a baseline condition on environmental issues for a site or area of consideration
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements and deliver training where required
- Acting as the main point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors, and
The Successful Environment Advisor Requires:
- Demonstrable environmental experience, ideally within the construction, utilities, infrastructure, civil engineering, or a related sector
- Ideally professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWM)
- Experience in environmental assessment and impact management (e.g. BREEAM, and ISO 14001)
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
The role will involve the communication of ideas throughout the organisation, the ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader, in their sector, and effect real change through forward thinking schemes. The position will include travel, therefore a UK drivers' licence is essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Jessica Rowe on or 01923 432 693.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Senior Advisor, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.