Suffolk | £35,000 - £45,000 + Car / Car Allowance + Benefits
Irwin and Colton are looking to identify an Environment Advisor to join a major Civil Engineering company. The role will be joining a well-established yet growing team and will be focusing on a range of major highways, and high profile infrastructure projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who keep the Environment and Sustainability agenda at the core of their operations and are continuing to drive forward with their ambitious targets.
Key Responsibilities of the Environment Advisor will Include:
- Ensuring the delivery of the environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Attend site wide surveys / screening surveys: collecting data to establish a baseline condition on environmental issues for a site or area of consideration
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements and deliver training where required
- Acting as a point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors
The Successful Environment Advisor Requires:
- Demonstrable environmental experience, ideally within the construction, utilities, infrastructure, civil engineering, or a related sector
- Ideally professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWM)
- Experience with Environmental Management systems, such as ISO 14001
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging with a wide range of stakeholders.
The role will involve the communication of ideas throughout the organisation, the ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who is really backing the environment agenda and affect real change through forward thinking schemes.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Jessica Rowe on or 01923 432 693. Reference 2463
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Senior Advisor, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.