Construction Health and Safety Manager
£350 per day
An exciting new role has arisen with a large public sector organisation who are going through a major construction and infrastructure scheme. The role is expected to last between 12-15 months and will focus on managing the different sub-contractors undertaking work across the site.
The primary focus of this contract is to act as a client-side Health and Safety representative for the organisation. Ensuring that contractors are fulfilling their duties in line with 2015 CDM regulations and being a subject matter expert for construction safety.
Responsibilities of the Construction Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Ensure the successful delivery and implementation of the health and safety strategy across the projects, working closely with the contractors ensuring HSE best practice
- Working closely with project Health and Safety teams ensuring the successful delivery of the strategy on site
- Influencing, engaging, and coaching key internal and external stakeholders to effect change
- Constantly assess opportunities for improvement and share best practice across the organisation
The successful Construction Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within construction or civil engineering or a related industry
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or other level 6 health and safety qualification, and ideally be a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH)
- Experience operating at site influencing and engaging key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently.
This is a fantastic project assignment working for a professional organisation. If the role is of interest, please contact James Cox on or 01923 432 687.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.