Construction Health and Safety Business Partner
Location: St Helens
Salary: Circa £54,000 plus Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a large retailer, who also have major warehousing and logistics functions, to recruit a new Construction Health and Safety Business Partner to initially focus on a major construction project, which will be a brand new and highly automated warehouse. This role is tasked with ensuring the company are discharging their duties under CDM regulations as well as embedding health and safety within the decision-making process throughout the full project life cycle and the supply chain.
Responsibilities of the Construction Health and Safety Business Partner will include:
- Supporting key internal and external stakeholders ensuring the vision for health and safety is communicated and implemented through the supply chain
- Providing technical support to key decision makers and influencing the projects to ensure health and safety is at the forefront of decision making; particularly at the design phase
- Supporting the senior team on the implementation of a health and safety procurement framework to drive performance through the supply chain
- Conducting site-based health and safety audits and reporting against these
The successful Construction Health and Safety Business Partner will have:
- Proven experience in a health and safety role with an understanding of client-side CDM responsibilities
- Good understanding of the CDM regulations and experience working with designers to eliminate risk
- Ideally have a NEBOSH Diploma/ equivalent or working towards
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
For further information contact Jessica Orr on or 01923 432 689 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.