UK Environment, Health & Safety Manager | Gloucester
Salary: £55,000 plus £7,200 car allowance plus excellent benefits
We're partnering with a leading global manufacturer of technology and engineering systems, to recruit a UK Environment, Health and Safety Manager. The organisation has a large global footprint and this role is specifically responsible for Health, Safety and Environment across the UK, this is a multi-site position, covering manufacturing, assembly and corporate offices in the UK.
This role will be based out of the head office in Gloucester and will report into Global Head of EHS on all matters relating to EHS in the UK.
Responsibilities of the UK Environment, Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Leading health and safety activities for the UK, in line with the global strategy for health, safety and environment
- Leading, developing and managing a team of EHS professionals focused on UK activities
- Develop and implement new initiatives to increase health and safety performance, awareness and understanding across the business
- Oversee regular auditing across safety, health and environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and relevant enforcement agencies
The successful UK Environment, Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma and Membership of IOSH or other relevant professional body (ideally Chartered or working towards)
- Environmental qualifications and / or ISO14001 auditor experience
- Proven experience managing other HSE professionals and an ability to communicate and engage with a wide range of stakeholders across the business
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health, safety and environment legislation
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global leader within their field, in a professional dynamic working environment. If the role is of interest, please contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.